HL Component Catalogs Catalogs and Databooks Added: 83Expected total when finished: 150+ I finally found the time and had all the pieces together again, to be able to share a lot of my vintage catalogs, handbooks and more! I hope that this helps some people find what they are looking for. A couple of years […]
Note: I added in black plastic/glue from my 180W glue gun. This was to add support for the adapter and capacitors, in order to isolate vibrations and increase the longevity of the mod. You can apply this to any circuit with SMD op-amps and SMD capacitors. I hope it helps others looking to modify their […]
Edit: 7/26/19 I got these molded last night (myself, at home) and must say, I was shocked at the difference (a word I rarely use on this site, except in the literal sense). I was expecting bass to improve, but it improved way more elements than that! Expect a full review in about a week, […]
An overview of how I changed my BYOC ESV 2 Knob Bender into a modular design with regard to capacitor swapping.
Dedicated Page: Here Cost of Mod: $17 Replacement Parts: 2x Bourns 500k 10% accuracy potentiometer with DPDT switch (logarithmic/audio taper) A step-by-step video showing how to change any single tone control (guitar) with a push/pull (coil-tap), into a dual volume push/pull (2x coil-taps). This allows for greater tonal flexibility, giving 8 pickup selection options vs. […]
First off, I want to give a big thanks to Kale Brown and Johnathan Pope for helping me out with this recording demo. Kale handled the guitar playing, Johnathan allowed us to record in his house (despite a sleeping baby, that somehow, we never woke up) and I handled hardware setup + recording & […]
You can find the complete C-2 page here. Capacitors Used Include: ELNA SILMIC-II/SILMIC-II ARS/ToneRex, Nichicon Muse/Muse-ES/Fine Gold/FW and a Siemens/EPCOS 1uF MKP output capacitor. Previous Mod: 16V Zener Diode Mod to allow Modern Discrete Op-Amps from Burson Audio.
The first part of my Sansui AU-517/717 restore guide, from recapping to finding those pesky shorted diodes. Not to mention how daunting it is just to remove and then rewire all the PCB’s! Here I hope to help shed some light on the subject.
I decided to go ahead and publish what I had ready in a blog post until it is ready for its own page. The AA-51 is what is holding me up on publishing my findings in the BlackGate™ Article! Some of the requirements for calibration aren’t easy and I’m having issues with getting the unit […]
First off, let me apologize for the slight delay, as North Carolina is taking a pounding in lighting strikes right now and I lost power for a good bit there. However, we are back up and running and here is the winner of a ready to use Burson Play DAC/Amp! But first, a little […]